Not all outside wedding fêtes need to wait for spring. If you fancy expansive views or snow-dusted pines as your idyllic backdrop, simply bring a little comfort of the indoors out. Here, Brianna Alcorn, director of sales and marketing at Terrain Events in Glen Mills and Devon, Pennsylvania, shares her team’s best tips for tying the knot in nature.
- Welcome your guests with a warming beverage, like hot chocolate or spiced cider.
- Warm up the chilly atmosphere with rich and lively florals.
- Provide your guests with comfortable blankets during your ceremony.
- Add a furry shawl to complete your ceremony look (and keep you warm).
- For dreamy portraits, take advantage of early sunsets.
- At dusk, brighten the outdoors with twinkling lights.
- Cozy up by a wood-burning fire pit for s’mores during dessert.
- Serve comforting and nourishing entrées for dinner.